The Singapore Biodesign Programme is housed at A*START Central, A*STAR’s open innovation lab. Over the years, SB has acquired a range of engineering assets and has set up a rapid prototyping space at the engineering lab at A*START Central — Tinkerlab. This space has been upgraded to improve the access of its equipment and engineering services to support the early engineering needs of healthtech projects. In particular, we provide an array of materials for brainstorming and more specialized equipment for prototyping/modification.
SB provides consultation and dedicated support with our product development team. Our product engineering services are led by Mr Tan Hee Choon (In-house Principal Product Engineer).
- Proficient in 3D CAD Modelling
- Competent in novel part development, device construction and use of prototyping tools such as 3D printing
- Strong in constructing experimental setup or mockup to evaluate ideas.
- In-depth knowledge in requirement analysis, design controls and design for manufacturing
- More than 15 years of experience with multinational corporation R&D
- Involved with product development of more than 10 projects, of which, has seen 5 products from conceptualization to launch
For a small fee, you and your team may get access to our equipment and software at our dry lab and/or wet lab space. The equipment available at our Tinkerlab are generally good for quick modification of parts once you have a skeleton. Some of the key equipment available in our lab are as follows:
SB provides thematic training workshops to provide necessary training and background required for product development and related topics such as intellectual property and regulatory guidance.
Parties interested in the Tinkerlab may contact the Singapore Biodesign Team to find out more.