Welcome to the first Medtech sector-specfic Venture Building (VB) programme under Enterprise Singapore's ESSGF scheme. Singapore Biodesign (SB) together with Medtech Actuator (MTAC) have launched the Startup SG Founder, Venture Builder Programme supported by Enterprise Singapore. This 12-week programme is aimed to provide mentorship guidance and equip first time founders with the necessary knowledge to advance their medtech/ healthtech innovation to the next stages of funding towards commercialization success.
Training will be designed and provided by both Singapore Biodesign and MedTech Actuator to help teams understand about the healthcare/healthtech industry, the challenges and opportunities of having your own spin-offs and learn from the best in the industry to move towards your dreams of becoming a HealthTech Innovator.
The training will be delivered through high-touch mentorship along with materials and defined deliverables.
Applications now open till 31 August 2021, 2359H.
|1 to 3
Module 1: Understanding of the market and the need
Week 1: Medtech Innovation Overview
Week 2: Value Proposition Validation
Week 3: Defining User Needs
|4 to 7
Module 2: Product development + Risk analysis
Week 4: Design Specifications
Week 5: Product Development Overview
Week 6: Quality Management System Overview
Week 7: Clinical Trial and Regulatory Strategy Overview
|8 to 12
||Module 3: Business strategy + Implementation plan
Week 8: Competitive Advantage
Week 9: Venture Pitching Consideration
Week 10: Venture Pitching Coaching
Week 11: Pitching Reheresal
Week 12: Demo Day
- Get your ideas validated with the tried and tested Biodesign Methodology
- Develop your ideas and get your hands dirty by prototyping
- Identify and craft a business plan guided by industry experts
- High-touch mentoring by both Singapore Biodesign and MedTech Actuator team
Aspiring healthtech entrepreneurs who are passionate to spin-off after the programme and fulfill the eligibility criteria below.
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident preferred
- Applicants must not have received any funding from any government organisation (eg: grants from NHIC/ NMRC and other similar organisations)
- For student applicants, only final year students will be considered
- Applicant should not have played an active part in a previous startup or be holding onto any active business entity and/or be under any form of employment
- Applicant must be available to commit full-time for 12 weeks to the programme
- Passionate to spin-off after the 12 weeks programme
- Must have no actual or potential conflict of interest between applicants and the officers or employees of the Venture Builder
For more information please refer to the guidance document here
Submit your applications via the application form below or directly via formsg
Find out more about them in their profile below!
Programme Director, Singapore Biodesign, A*STAR
Co-Founder and CEO, MedTech Actuator
General Manager, MedTech Actuator
Innovation Training and Business Development Manager, Singapore Biodesign, A*STAR