We are looking for volunteers for a six-month weight loss and diabetes prevention study!
This study aims to compare the effects of two diet and exercise weight loss strategies on changes in body fat distribution, insulin sensitivity and secretion.
Who are we looking for?
- Indian men and women with prediabetes*
- Aged 21 to 50; overweight (BMI of 25 to 35); and non-smokers
- Keen to exercise and follow an assigned weight loss diet
- No allergy to nuts; and willing to consume meat and dairy
- Not anaemic; and no history of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, liver disease or stroke
- No metal implants in the body
- Willing to attend study visits at NUS (Kent Ridge)
*Blood sugar levels higher than normal, but lower than the diabetes range.
What should I expect?
- Dietary advice, planned meals and food samples
- Gym exercise classes
- Body fat imaging scans; and keeping food records, collection of urine, stool and blood
You will be reimbursed for transportation costs to attend study visits.
Click here for more details on the study.
To find out more, please call us at (+65) 6601 1972, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply fill in the form below.