The BETA+ Study: BETA-Cryptoxanthin Supplement: Absorption and Function
Beta-Cryptoxanthin (BCX) is a member of the carotenoid family. It is a naturally occurring coloured pigment that can be found in oranges, mandarins, carrots and papaya. Unlike its related family member beta-carotene, not much is known about BCX. BCX has been shown to have positive functions to assist in maintaining immunity and supporting vision. Research also suggests that BCX may be important for brain function, with the possibility of being beneficial for improving mood.
This study aims to measure the levels and distribution of BCX in the body after consuming a new and pure BCX supplementation. The study will also examine any benefits on health status, including gut health, brain health, and mood.
Who are we looking for?
- Singaporeans/Singapore Permanent Residents
- Female adults (Aged 21 – 35 years)
- BMI between 18.5 – 27.5 kg/m2
- Not pregnant or breast-feeding
- No history/current diagnosis of chronic diseases
- Not undergoing weight reduction programmes/diets
- Not using lipid-lowering medications or supplements containing carotenoids/Vitamin A
What should I expect?
- Consumption of BCX supplement for 8 weeks
- Collection of blood, urine and stool samples
- Questionnaires and activity tracker
You will be reimbursed for your participation in the study.
To find out more, call us at (+65) 6407 4341, email us at email@example.com, or simply fill in the form below.