Do you have high liver fat content? We’re looking for you!
Excessive fat accumulation in liver cells is called Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD). It is increasingly common around the world and is closely associated with overweight and obesity. If left untreated, NAFLD may lead to inflammation that can eventually damage the liver.
Currently, the first line of treatment to reverse fatty liver is through weight loss via a combination of proper diet intake and increased physical activity.
We invite you to participate in the ecTopic fAt in siNGaporean (TANGO) study!
In TANGO, participants will undergo a 12-week lifestyle intervention, which includes receiving dietary advice and consuming our planned calorie-restricted meals – at no cost to you. We would like to find out if this intervention will help in reducing high liver fat content and improve the overall health and well-being of our participants.
Who are we looking for?
- Chinese women, aged 21 to 45 with high liver fat content
- BMI of 23-30kg/m2 and not having more than five percent weight loss in the past three months
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- No food allergies and not on any special diets or dietary restrictions
- No metal implants in the body
- Not diabetic or having uncontrolled hypertension
What should I expect?
- Dietary and exercise advice at no cost
- Consume planned meals provided by the study
- Study visits involving imaging scans, maintaining food records, and collection of blood and stool samples
- Reimbursement for transportation costs to attend study visits
To find out more, simply fill in the form below and we will contact you to share more info.