Dear Industry Partners,
You are cordially invited to attend the upcoming Industry Roundtable Discussion on Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing of Functional Films and Printed Electronics on 23 January 2012, 12.30pm at the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech), a research institute of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). During the round table discussion , we will be presenting SIMTech Consortium project proposal framework on Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing of Functional Films and Printed Electronics and obtain feedback from industry on the framework on this consortium project.
The global market for Roll-to-Roll manufacturing of functional films and printed electronics is poised for an exciting future and projected to grow ten-fold from US$2.84 billion in 2012 to US$28.5 billion in 2022 (Source: IDTechEx, 2012). Emerging applications driving this high-margin business growth are printed lighting, flexible electronics, large area sensors and photovoltaics.
SIMTech offers comprehensive capabilities including:
- Technology Transfer
- Proof of Concept Validation
- Low Volume Prototyping
- Manufacturing Scale-up validation
- Pilot Production
- Fundamental Processing of Printed Functional Materials
- Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing Processes
- Functional Device Demonstrators (industry defined)
SIMTech would like to launch Consortium project on Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing of Functional Films and Printed Electronic in Q2 2013. The Proposed Consortium project provides a synergistic means to facilitate participating companies to:
• Identify opportunity in roll-to-roll manufacturing of printed electronics and functional film for your company.
• identify the barriers and gaps faced by local companies in developing roll-to-roll printed electronics capabilities
• appreciate the growing need to achieve cost-effective, energy-efficient and
• environmentally friendly manufacturing towards large area manufacturing processes
• understand SIMTech capabilities and leverage on Process Development Kit for roll-to-roll technology and printed devices
• learn the large area processing technologies for functional films and printed electronics
• gain technical know-how for future applications
Join us in the roundtable discussion to explore the emerging high-value added potentials in functional films and printed electronics through an integrated approach initiated by SIMTech.
12.30pm Registration & Networking Lunch
1.30pm Overview of SIMTech Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing Technologies and
2.30pm Presentation on SIMTech Consortium on Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing
3.00pm Tea Break
3.30pm Roundtable Discussion with Industry
4.30pm Presentation Summary of Roundtable Table Discussion
SIMTech Consortium on Roll-to-Roll Manufacturing
To reserve a seat for this non-chargeable event, please register online.
Who Should Attend
CEOs, Management and Technical Professionals are invited too attend this interactive roundtable discussion.
For industry collaborations, please contact Mr Rick Yeo, Senior Industry Development Manager, Email: rickyeo@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg