Workshop on Industrial Cleaning
Date: 12 Mar 2009 - 12 Mar 2009
Venue: SIMTech Auditorium, Tower Block, Level 3
This workshop aims to provide a good insight into the various methods and recent trends in surface cleaning technology from a practical point of view. Participants will learn the fundamentals of industrial surface cleaning methods to better evaluate cleaning as part of the overall manufacturing process.
The workshop will focus on cleaning agents with coverage on types of cleaning equipment.
1. History and background of industrial cleaning
2. The basics of industrial cleaning
3. Factors in choosing cleaning systems
4. Halogenated solvent cleaning systems (vapour degreasing)
5. Non-halogenated solvent cleaning systems
6. Semi-aqueous cleaning systems
7. Aqueous cleaning systems
8. Special cleaning requirements for specific industries, including the electronics, aerospace and medical manufacturing sectors
About the Speaker
Jonathan R. Tomassetti has been the Asia-Pacific Regional Manager for Petroferm Inc since 1997. Prior to 1997, Jonathan worked in the petroferm laboratory, conducting industrial cleaning tests for applications in electronics, aerospace and precision metal industries. He graduated from FurmanUniversity (South Carolina, USA) and spent 8 years working in Japan and 2 years working in the Philippines prior to coming to Petroferm.
2.00pm Welcome and Introduction of SIMTech
2.15pm Presentation (Part I) by Mr Jonathan R. Tomassetti
- History and background of industrial cleaning
- The basics of industrial cleaning
- Factors in choosing cleaning systems
- Halogenated solvent cleaning systems (vapour degreasing)
- Q & A
3.15pm Tea Break & Networking
3.45pm Presentation (Part II) by Mr Jonathan R. Tomassetti
- Non-halogenated solvent cleaning systems
- Semi-aqueous cleaning systems
- Aqueous cleaning systems
- Special cleaning requirements for specific industries (e.g. electronics, aerospace, medical manufacturing)
5.00pm End of Workshop
Who Should Attend
Industry professionals, including R&D managers, engineer and researchers.
Registration for the workshop is free of charge.
For technical enquiries, please contact Dr Sandor Nemeth, Email: sandorn@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
For general enquiries, please contact Alice Koh, Email: email@example.com