Industrial Seminar & Tutorial: X-ray Technology for Industrial Applications
Date: 12 Dec 2007 - 13 Dec 2007
Venue: Training Rooms 1 & 2 (Tower Block, Level 3)
Date & Time : 11 December 2007 (Tuesday)
Time: 1.00pm – 6.00pm
A half-day tutorial focusing on 2D image processing for radiography will be conducted by keynote speaker, Professor Ewert. This is a theory cum demonstration tutorial in which participants will be provided with computers and software for hands-on practical interactive training during the session. Personal notebooks/laptops may also be used. Material to be covered includes:
• Image viewing and basic functions as contrast, brightness, gamma, correction and histogram correction. • Basic filters (high and low pass, median).
• Measurement of basic spatial resolution (based on CEN and ASTM standards).
• Measurement of signal noise and contrast noise ratio (based on CEN and ASTM standards).
• Long term stability for Computed Radiography by the standardized phantom.
• Wall thickness measurement and corrosion depth measurement fortangential and double wall technique
• Comparison of digital radiographs
The two-day seminar aims to raise awareness of X-ray technology and its capabilities amongst potential industrial users in Singapore and to provide a platform for networking amongst the various vendors, researchers and engineers involved in this technology.
Keynote presentations will be given by renowned international experts from the Development Centre for X-ray Technology at Fraunhofer-IIS and the German Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM). Technical presentations will be given by senior engineers from a number of leading X-ray system developers and by engineers and scientists from SIMTech, NTU and other A*STAR Research Institutes.
The seminar will comprise six sessions over the two days covering:
• X-ray Source Technology
• 2D and 3D Imaging including tomography and laminography
• X-ray Characterisation including XRD, XRF and XPS
• Commercial Systems and Applications
Who Should Attend
The pre-seminar tutorial and full-day seminars are targeted at researchers, scientists, engineers and managers from academia, research institutes and industrial companies.
Registration is on a first-come-first served basis. Pre-registration for both events is necessary.
Registration Fee (inclusive of 7% GST)
|Pre-seminar Half-day Tutorial (11/12)
||SMS member: S$80 per pax Non-SMS member: $100 per pax
|2-day Seminar (12/12 & 13/12)
||SMS member: S$120 per pax Non-SMS member: S$150 per pax
|Both Tutorial & Seminar
||SMS member: S$180 per pax Non-SMS member: S$225 per pax
SIMTech members enjoy 20% discount, terms and conditions apply.
For enquiry on SMS Membership: Please contact Devi at 6793 8388 or email: SMS@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg