A*CAR Automotive Consortium Forum
Date: 14 Feb 2007 - 14 Feb 2007
Venue: Auditorium, Level 3, SIMTech Tower Block, 71 Nanyang Drive
The A*STAR Capabilities in Automotive Research taskforce (A*CAR) is proposing an automotive consortium to bring together automotive companies and R&D community to work hand in hand in addressing key research areas in automotive technology.
The consortium is driven by 5 A*STAR research institutes namely, Data Storage Institute (DSI), Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech), Institute of Infocomm Research (I2R), Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC), Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), Institute of Microelectronics (IME).
It will focus on technological challenges in the following 5 automotive modules that are of significant importance:
1. Obstacles detection systems
2. Harsh environment electronics
3. Car entertainment
4. Car communications
5. Safety and security
To help us formulate a better consortium programme, we seek your participation in the A*CAR automotive consortium forum on the 14 February 2007 at SIMTech.
Objective of Forum
The objective of this forum is to formulate a consortium that will help to:
- Link the automotive industry with R & D community in Singapore to drive innovation
- Carry out basic directed and applied research work with strong industrial participation in the automotive domain
- Allow sharing of resources in achieving common goals
- Keep pace with technological challenges in automotive technologies
- Form value chain between automotive tier 1 companies and the PE industry
Who Should Attend
Senior management , academia, researchers and engineers for the transport, precision engineering and electronics industries.
Free admission. All are welcome. Registration is on a first-come-first served basis.