|Date & Time :
||13 April to 18 May 2006 (every Thursday), 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm
||Training Room, Level 3, SIMTech Tower Block
The course covers advanced polymer materials, their properties, applications, and process technologies. Polymer materials are widely used in all walks of our lives. In recent years, owing to the advancement of materials and process technologies, more and more polymer components have been used in high precision and demanding applications in the automotive, aerospace, photonic, communication, computer and medical device industries. To make full use of the advantages that polymeric materials can offer, it is essential to have a good understanding of their properties and the various processing technologies available. Polymer specialists from SIMTech, IMRE and NTU will join forces to conduct this course. The objective is to provide the participants an opportunity to acquire a good understanding of the subject and have some practical experiments in characterising the materials and running process trials within a short period.
- Dr Zhao Jianhong, Dr Lau Soo Khim, Dr Lee Mun Wai, Dr Liu Songlin, Dr Yu Suzhu (SIMTech)
- Dr Lu XueHong (NTU)
- Dr Zong Yun (IMRE)
- Fundamentals of Polymer Materials
- Structure and Properties
- Thermal Analysis Techniques
- Thermal Analysis Laboratory
- Principle of Polymer Rheology
- Introduction to Rheometers
- Mechanical Properties of Polymers
- Tests of Mechanical Properties
- Advanced Moulding Technologies
- Moulding Experiments
- Polymer Compounding
- Extrusion Experiments
Directors, managers, engineers, planners, marketing/purchasing personnel, technicians and machine operators who are working in polymer related industries and wish to gain or update their knowledge, technologies and experimental skills in the following areas:
- Structure and property relationship of polymers
- Application and processing properties of polymer materials
- New development in polymer molding and compounding technologies
Pre-registration for the course is necessary. Seats are available on a first come first served basis.
Registration fees: S$525.000 (inclusive of 5% GST).
Closing date: 5 April 2006
SIMTech member enjoy 20% discount, subject to conditions.
Companies which join SMS now enjoy a complimentary TIP seat.
For enquiry on SMS Membership: Call 6793 8388 or email ido@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg for more details.