A*STAR Plastic Moulding Task Force Seminar on Advanced Over Moulding Technologies for High Performance Bonding Applications
Date: 26 Jul 2005 - 26 Jul 2005
Venue: SIMTech, Auditorium, Tower Block, Level 3
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) has embarked on a series of initiatives to assist the local manufacturing enterprises in their technology upgrading to meet the increasing global competition.
The local plastic moulding sector forms an important sub-sector in the precision engineering cluster. A*STAR has set up the Plastic Moulding Task Force as a dedicated effort to assist the technology upgrading of the polymer processing companies. The Task Force is driven by the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech), the Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC), and the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE). The objective of this seminar is to introduce the latest technologies in mulit-component moulding, over moulding, and insert moulding developed in recent years. As the functional requirements on components used in various types of devices increases, the demand for components made from more than one material will increase too. Plastics/plastics, plastics/elastomers, plastics /metals are some typical examples of hybrid structures widely used in industries.
We will also take this opportunity to launch the Plastics Moulding Task Force Consortium at the seminar.
1) Advanced Over Moulding and Multi-component Moulding Technologies by Dr Zhao Jianhong, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology
2) IInnovative Nano Moulding Technology (NMT) for High Performance Bonding of Polymer Materials on Metallic Substrate by Mr Masanori Naritomi, President, TaiseiPlas Co Ltd, Japan
3) Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) Two-component Moulding Technologies for Consumer Products Applications by Mr Masanori Naritomi, President, TaiseiPlas Co Ltd, Japan
4) Optimizing Bonding Strength for Hard/Soft Ovemoulded Components in Over Moulding Processes by Ms Pamela Low, Marketing Technical Service Representative, ExxonMobil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
5) New Developments in Equipment and Process Technologies for Polymer Multi-component Moulding and Decorative Insert Moulding by Mr Melvin Chee, Business Development Manager, Krauss Maffei Asia Pacific