Today’s competitive business landscape is re-shaping the manufacturing industry; sourcing operations stretch across multiple geographical regions, demand is volatile, regulatory pressures for eco-friendly operations are increasing, and customer demand is ever-evolving at a pace unseen in human history.
The POM group focuses on operations research and system analyses technologies for the effective and efficient management of manufacturing and supply chain operations. Our technologies allow companies to achieve greater productivity and eco-efficiency within their manufacturing operations and also to collaboratively manage business activities and seamlessly integrate manufacturing operations with partners in the supply chain by leveraging on the Internet and communication tools to meet the needs and demands of today’s complex and dynamic business environment.
Download our brochure here.
- Rough-Cut Capacity Planning with Production Constraints and Dynamic Bottleneck Considerations, US Patent No. 7,925,365, Granted Date: 12 April 2011.
- Finite Capacity Scheduling Using Job Prioritization and Machine Selection, US Patent No. US 7,904,192, Granted Date: 8 March 2011.
- Finite Capacity Scheduling Using Job Prioritization and Machine Selection, Singapore Patent No. 151266, Granted Date: 28 February 2011.
- A computer implemented method and apparatus for obtaining an optimal project makespan/cost, Singapore Application No.: 201206100-8, PCT National Phase Entry date: 16 Aug 2012.
- An Operations Management Innovation Methodology for Operational Improvements (OmniMethodologyTM) was filed on 3 Sep 2010 (Singapore) .
- Ministry Of Transport Minister's Innovation Award 2010 - Merit Award. An innovative technology "AstorPlan" has been developed that will increase the productivity for shipyards and their marine sub-contractors by allowing better optimization of the planning and deployment of critical resources. This was developed jointly with Astoria Consulting Pte Ltd in an R&D collaboration project supported by the Maritime Port Authority of Singapore (MPA). The project team has been nominated by MPA for the award, which was given out by the Minister for Transport Mr. Raymond Lim during the MOT Annual Dinner on 2 Nov 2010.
- Oustanding Paper Award, C.Withanage, H.J.Choi, T.T.H.Duc, T.Park. "Towards Customer Evaluation Based Product Performance Modeling", The IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, December 7-10, 2010, Macao, China.
- Best Paper Award, F Y Wang, L Xu, R Lim, E W Lee, and M Zarzycki, "Simulation-based Operational Decision Analysis at Decoupling Point in MTS-MTO System," IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM 2011) , 6-9 Dec 2011, Singapore.
- A*STAR Borderless Award 2012.
- Best Paper Award, Allan N. Zhang, S.M. Wagner, Mark Goh, M. Terhorst, B. Ma, "Quantifying Supply Chain Disruption Risk Using VaR", IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM 2012) , 10-13 Dec 2012, Hong Kong.