Introduction:Dr Shan Xue Chuan is an Overseas Member of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering (JSPE), and Japan Society for Mechanical Engineering (JSME), currently working on a SIMTech-MEL (Japan) optical MEMS project. He was a Chief Research Staff at Micro Systems Laboratory of Olympus Optical Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan; a supervisor for developing the Asian Medical Market at Olympus Optical Co. Ltd.; a Visiting Research Scientist at The University of Tokyo from 1993 to 1994, a visiting research scientist in the University of Neuchatel, Switzerland from January to May 1999.
Research Interest:Microsystems design, fabrication, packaging and transferring MEMS from silicon-based material to non-silicon materials
BioNotes:PhD (Department of Mechatronics & Precision Engineering at Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, 1992)
Publications:1. Nachiappan Ravi and X.C. Shan, "The effects of electro-discharge machining block electrode method for microelectrode machining", JOURNAL OF MICROMECHANICS AND MICROENGINEERING, vol. 12, 2002, pp. 532-540.
2. X.C. Shan, Wang Zhenfeng,et al, "Modeling and simulation on micro gyroscope packaging", International Symposium on Advances in Packaging (APACK' 99), Singapore , 1999, pp.409-414.
3. Wang Zhenfeng, X.C. Shan and Zeng Xianting, "Wafer-level packaging process for MEMS fabrication", International Symposium on Advances in Packaging (APACK' 99), Singapore, 1999, pp.427-434.
4. X.C. Shan, Wang Zhenfeng, Zeng Xianting, et al, "Microsensor Packaging and Assembly - Trend and Solutions", International Symposium on Advances in Packaging (APACK '99), Singapore, 1999, pp 415-420.
5. X.C. Shan, Wang Zhenfeng, Lee Kwok Hong, Lim Siak Piang and N. F. de Rooij, "Development of microgyroscopes and packaging process", Singapore-Japan Joint Forum on MEMS, Hyatt Hotel, Singapore, 2000. pp.H1-H6.
6. X.C. Shan, Wang Zhenfeng, et al, "Development of MEMS-based optical switching device", The International MEMS Workshop 2001 (IMEMS 2001), Singapore, 2001, pp.338-345.
7. Wang Zhenfeng, X.C. Shan, Wang Zhiping, et al, "Development of a New 1x4 Optical Switch", SPIE Proceeding of DTIP of MEMS/MOEMS, Cannes (France), vol.4755, 2002, pp. 544-548.
8. X. C. Shan, R. Maeda, T. Ikehara, H. Mekaru and T. Hattori, "Fabrication of LIGA Masks and Applications for Optical Switch Molding", Pacific Rim Workshop on Transducers and Micro/Nano Technologies, Xiamen China, 2002, pp.223-226.
9. X. C. Shan, and R. Maeda, "Development of a Low-Cost 8x8 Optical Switch Using Micro Hot Embossing", LEOS Optical MEMS 2002, Lugano Switzerland, 2002, pp.21-22.