Jason joined Gintic(now SIMTech) immediately after he completed his MSc course in July 2000. He has worked on deposition and characterization of tribological and functional coatings deposited by Unbalanced Magnetron Sputtering from July 2000 to October 2001. Formulation of sol gel materials and deposition by various techniques such as spin and dip coating are new competencies. He has recently developed screen printing of sol gel composite materials in SIMTech in collaboration with a multi-national company(2 patents filed). Currently, he is working on formulation of sol gel adhesives for optical application, sealants etc.
1. X.T. Zeng, G.H. Tan, Z.G. Tang and W.K. Yeo. Method for measuring interfacial tensile strength by compressive loading (PT-01-12). Filed and accepted : 18/2/2002
2. X.T. Zeng, X.Z. Ding , Q.Z. Hu and G.H. Tan.Chromium oxide based nanocrystalline composite coating for mold anti-sticking. (PT-01-15) Filed and accepted: 28/3/2002
1. X.T. Zeng, G.H. Tan, Z.G. Tang and W.K. Yeo. Apparatus and Method for bonding strength testing(International application number: PCT/SG 02/00216). Filed: 9/9/2002.
2. M.R. Böhmer, Gerard Cnossen, Leon Krings and G.H. Tan. Compound for Screen Printing, Screen Printed layer and Substrate (PHSG020017). Priority date: 14/8/2002.
3. Peter. Werkman, Gerard Cnossen, M.R. Böhmer, G.H. Tan and P.L. Lee. Sol-gel based heating element (PHNL021213WOP). Priority date: 22/11/2002
Copyright © 2019, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology.