Introduction:Ju Nie Tey joined the Joining Technology Group in Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology in 2009 as Senior Research Officer. She is currently a part time Ph.D candidate in School of Materials Science & Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (), and was previously graduated from the same faculty for her Bachelor and Master degree. Her research interest is on organic thin-film transistor fabrication and characterization, which includes new organic semiconductor materials and carbon nanotube. Her current research focus is on the development of liquid gated carbon nanotube transistor for biological sensing applications.
- carbon nanotube electronics and application
- organic electronics fabrication and characterization
BioNotes:1999 - 2003: BEng (Materials Engineering), Nanyang Technological University
2004 - 2006: MEng (Materials Engineering), Nanyang Technological University
- J.N. Tey, I.P.M. Wijaya, J.Wei, I.Rodriguez, S.G. Mhaisalkar, Nanotubes-/nanowires-based, microfluidic-integrated transistors for detecting biomolecules. Microfluidic and Nanofluidic. 2010. DOI: 10.1007/s10404-010-0640-1 (Invited paper)(available online)
- J.N. Tey, S. Gandhi, I.P.M. Wijaya, A.Palaniappan, J. Wei, I. Rodriguez, C.R. Suri, and S. G. Mhaisalkar, Direct Detection of Heroin Metabolites using a Carbon Nanotubes Liquid Gated Field Effect Transistor basesd Competitive Immunoassay. Small 2010. 6(9): p. 993-998.
- I.P.M. Wijaya, J.N. Tey, A.Palaniappan, I. Rodriguez, and S.G. Mhaisalkar, Investigation of sensing mechanism and signal amplification in carbon nanotube based microfluidic liquid-gated transistors via pulsating gate bias (accepted). Lab Chip 2010. 10: p. 1454-1458.
- I.P.M. Wijaya, J.N. Tey, S. Gandhi, R. Boro, A. Palaniappan, W.H. Goh, I. Rodriguez, C.R. Suri, and S.G. Mhaisalkar, Femtomolar detection of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid herbicides via competitive immunoassays using microfluidic based carbon nanotube liquid gated transistor. Lab Chip 2010. 10(5): p. 634-638.
- Al. Palaniappan, W.H. Goh, J.N. Tey, and I.P.M. Wijaya, Aligned Carbon Nanotubes on Quartz Substrate for Liquid Gated Biosensing. Biosens Bioelectron 2010. 25(8): p. 1989-1993.
- I. P.M. Wijaya, S. Gandhi, J.N. Tey, N. Wangoo, I. Rodriguez, G. Shekhawat, C. R. Suri, and S.G. Mhaisalkar, Protein/carbon nanotubes interaction: the effect of carboxylic groups on conformational and conductance changes. Appl Phys Lett 2009. 95: p. 073704.
- J.N. Tey, I.P.M. Wijaya, Z. Wang, W.H. Goh, A. Palaniappan, S.G. Mhaisalkar, I. Rodriguez, S. Dunham, and J.A. Rogers, Laminated, microfluidic-integrated carbon nanotube based biosensors. Appl Phys Lett 2009. 94: p. 013107.
- F. Marinelli, A. Dell’Aquila, L. Torsi, J.N. Tey, G.P. Suranna, P. Mastrorilli, G. Romanazzi, C.F. Nobile, S.G. Mhaisalkar, N. Cioffi, F. Palmisano, An organic field effect transistor as a selective NOx sensor operated at room temperature. Sensor and Actuator B: Chemical 2009. 140(2): p.445-450.
- A. Dell, F. Marinelli, J.N. Tey, P.Keg, Y.M. Lam, O.L. Kapitanchuk, P. Mastrorilli, C.G. Nobile, P. Cosma, A. Marchenko, D. Fichou, S.G. Mhaisalkar, S.P. Suranna, L. Torsi, 9, 10-ter-anthrylene-ethynylene: a new molecular architecture for solution processed anthracene-based thin film transistors. Journal of Materials Chemistry 2008. 18(7): p.786-791.
- T. Cahyadi, J.N. Tey, S.G. Mhaisalkar, F. Boey, V.R. Rao, R. Lal, G.J. Qi, Z.K. Chen, C.M. Ng, Investigations of enhanced device characteristics in pentacene-based field effect transistors with sol-gel interfacial layer. Applied Physics Letters 2007. 90(12): p.122112.
- J.N. Tey, A. Priyadarshi, S.G. Mhaisalkar, A.M. Soutar, K.M. Hew, Ink and moisture sorption study in UV-curable polyurethane acryalte. Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2007. 103(3): p. 1985-1991
- J.N. Tey, A.M. Soutar, S.G. Mhaisalkar, H. Yu, K.M. Hew, Mechanical properties of UV-curable polyurethane acrylate used in packaging of MEMS Devices. Thin Solid Films 2006. 504: p. 384-390.
- G.Y Li, B.L. Chen,J.N. Tey, Reaction of Sn-3.5Ag-0.7Cu-xSb solder with Cu metallization during reflow soldering, IEEE Transactions on Electronics Packaging and Manufacturing 2004. 27(1): p. 77-85.
- J.N. Tey, I. P.M. Wijaya , G. Sonu, J. Wei, I. Rodriguez, C.R. Suri, S.G. Mhaisalkar, An Amplification Strategy to Label Free Opiate Drug Detection using Liquid-Gated Carbon Nanotubes Transistor, 13th Nanotechnology Conference & Expo, 21-25 June 2010, Anaheim, California, United States.
- J.N. Tey, I. P.M. Wijaya , G. Sonu, J. Wei, I. Rodriguez, C.R. Suri, S.G. Mhaisalkar, Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube (SWCNT) for Herbicide Detection, ASME IMECE 2009, 13-19 November 2009, Florida, United States.
- J.N. Tey, I. P.M. Wijaya, G. Sonu, I. Rodriguez, C.R. Suri, S.G. Mhaisalkar, Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes (SWCNT) for Atrazine Detection, International Conference of Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2009), 28 June – 3 July 2009, Singapore.
- J.N. Tey, I. P.M. Wijaya , Z. Wang, W.H. Goh, I. Rodriguez, A. Palaniappan, S.G. Mhaisalkar, Flexible liquid-gated carbon nanotubes transistor for real-time biosensing application, Asian Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (AsiaNANO2008), 3-7 November 2008, Singapore.
5. J.N. Tey, A.M. Soutar, S.G. Mhaisalkar, H. Yu, K.M. Hew, Mechanical properties of UV-curable polyurethane acrylate used in packaging of MEMS devices, International Conference on Materials for Advances Technologies (ICMAT 2005), 3 – 8 July 2005, Singapore.