Introduction:Dr Chen received his BEng degree and MS degree in mechanical engineering from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China, in 1985 and 1988 respectively, and PhD degree in mechatronics from Nanyang Technological University in 1999. He worked with the Department of Mechanics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, from 1988 to 1992 as a lecturer, and then with the Huabao Group Ltd, China, from 1992 to 1994 as a senior engineer. Currently, he is a senior research engineer with the Mechatronics Group in SIMTech, where he performs research of precision machine design.
Research Interest:Precision machine design, Micro Manipulation systems, robotics, automated system design and integration, and dynamic system modeling and analysis.
BioNotes:PhD in Robotics (1999), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
MS in Dynamics & Control (1988), Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
BEng in Aeroplane Design (1985), Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
Journal Paper Publication
- Chen Wenjie and Lin Wei, "Fiber assembly of MEMS Switches with U-groove Channels," IEEE Transaction on Automation Science and Engineering , Vol. 5, No. 2, 2008.pp.207-215
- Chen Wenjie, Low, K. H. and Yeo, S. H. (1999). Adaptive gait planning for multi-legged robots with an adjustment of CG. Robotica, Vol. 17, pp. 391-403.
Conference Paper Publication
- W. J. Chen, G. L. Yang and W. Lin, "A Large Range and High Resolution Force Sensor and Its Application to Wire-Pull Tests", THE 7th IEEE CONFERENCE ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS AND APPLICATIONS (ICIEA2012), 18-Jul-2012 to 20-Jul-2012, Singapore.
- W. J. Chen, G. L. Yang and W. Lin, "A two-scale force sensor for power device wire-pull test", European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology (EUSPEN), June, 2012, Stockhoim, Sweden, vol. 1, pp. 461-464
- W. J. Chen, W. Lin, G. L. Yang, "A Flexure-Based 4-DOF Coaxial Alignment System: Design and Application", The 11th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, (ICARCV2010), Dec. 2010,Singapore, pp. 1755-1759, vol. 3.
- LIN Wei, CHEN Wenjie, KIEW Choon Meng, et al "Hot-Embossing of Microstructures on Large Area of Polymers," Key Engineering Materials, Vols. 447-448 (2010) pp 483-487.
- Chen Wenjie,Lin Wei, Luo Hong, et al. "An Multi-Axis Spindle for Automated Coaxial Alignment,"KeyEngineering Materials Vols. 447-448 (2010) pp 503-507
- W. J. Chen, G. L. Yang, W. Lin and L. S. Wong, "A Test-Bed System for Evaluation of a Quantum Tunneling Linear Encoder", EUSPEN (European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology), March, 2009, San Sebastian, Spain, vol. 1, pp. 301-303
- W. J. Chen, G. L. Yang and W. Lin, "A tripod mechanism used for parallelism alignment: Kinematics analysis and application", International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), Jul. 2009,Singapore, vol. 1, pp. 1101-1106
- Chen Wenjie, Lin Wei, K.H. Low and YangGuilin, (2005) "A 3-DOF Flexure-Based Fixture for Passive Assembly of Optical Switch" IEEE/ ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM2005),Monterey,CA,USA.
- Chen Wenjie and Lin Wei, "Design of a Flexure-Based Gripper Used in Optical Fiber Handling", 2004 IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation andMechatronics,Singapore, 2004.
- Chen Wenjie and Lin Wei, "A miniature gripper system for optical fiber handling", Proceedings of SPIE conference on Optomechatronic System III, 2002, Nov,Germany, pp 436-443.
- Chen Wenjie and Xie Ming (2000). Control architecture of a novel dexterous hand, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM),Singapore.
- Chen Wenjie and Xie Ming (1999). On the design and development of a novel dexterous hand, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Advance Robotics,Japan, pp 61-65.
- Chen Wenjie, Low, K. H. and Yeo, S. H. (1997). Adaptive gait planning for a multi-legged robot using a stability compensation method. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM),Singapore, pp. 1185-1196.
- Chen Wenjie, Yeo, S. H. and Low, K. H. (1997). Modular formulation for dynamics of multi-legged robots. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Advance Robots,Monterey,California,USA, pp. 279-284.
- Chen Wenjie, Yeo, S. H., Lwin, D. T. and Low, K. H. (1996). Dynamic compensation for standing jump of a quadruped robot. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Control Automation, Robotics and Vision, Singapore, pp. 181-185.
- W. J. Chen, G. L. Yang and W. Lin: "Flexure-Based parallel-Kinematics Stages for Passive Assembly of MEMS Optical Switch" Chapter in the book "Advanced Mechatronics and MEMS Devices" ISBN: 9781441999849, Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 2012.