Ms Zhou Yujie has been working on electrochemical processes for industrial applications. Her research and development work focuses on surface treatments and coatings for decoration, anti-corrosion, anti-wear, plastic metallization and coatings for high precision manufacturing. Before joining SIMTech in 2011, she had worked at a Japanese company in Singapore as a research chemist/ assistant technical manager in precious metal plating formulation and process for over 10 years. She also worked in China for 5 years, responsible for material quality testing.
Application of chemical and electrochemical processes to physically and/or chemically modify materials surface, such as metals, plastics and composites, as well as ceramics, to meet industrial requirements for aesthetics anti-corrosion and anti-wear. Current R&D work includes development on electrolytic and electroless composite coatings, plastic metallization, plating chemistry formulation for industrial applications.
MEng, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1998
BEng, Department of Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, China, 1991
1. Huang Zhaohong and Zhou Yujie. Electroplating device for thick nickel alloy, Singapore application no. 10201601817P, 9 Mar 2016
1. Y. Zhou, Z. H. Huang and T. T. Nguyen, "Rapid Electrolytic Deposition of Diamond Turnable Nickel Phosphorus Alloy ", Surface & Coatings Technology 320 (2017) 23–27.
2. Z. H. Huang, Y. Zhou and W. He, "A Combination of Self-assembled Monolayer and Hydrophobic Conformal Coating for Anti-corrosion of Cu/NiP/Au 3D Circuitry in Artificial Sweat Solution”, Surface & Coatings Technology 320 (2017) 126-131.
3. Y.J. Zhou, Z.H. Huang and T.T. Nguyen, “Diamond Turnable Nickel Phosphorus Alloy Coating”, ThinFilms2016, 12-July-2016 to 15-July-2016, Singapore
4. Z.H. Huang, Y.J. Zhou and W. He. “Anti-Corrosion of Cu/Ni/Au 3D Circuitry in Artificial Sweat Solution”, ThinFilms2016, 12-July-2016 to 15-July-2016, Singapore
5. Z. H. Huang, Y. Zhou and T. T. Nguyen. "Nickel based composite coatings by electroless and electroplating ", SurFin2014, 10-Dec-2014 to 12-Dec-2014, Singapore
6. Liang Hong and Yujie Zhou. 1999. “Polypyrrole Colloids-Assisted Proton Transport in Hydrated Polyacrylic Acid Matrixes”. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 30, 169-177.
7. Liang Hong, Yujie Zhou, Ningping Chen and Kun Li. 1999. “Association of Nafion with Polypyrrole NanoParticles in a Hydrophilic Polymer Network: Effects on Proton Transport.” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 218, 233-242.