Dr Shi Jianzhong received his Bachelor of Science in Solid State Physics and Materials from Hefei University of Technology (HUT) in 1988, and his PhD of Science in Condensed State Physics from Institute of Solid State Physics (ISSP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 1998. He is a technologist of vacuum deposition equipment, processes, and thin film materials. He has published 50 journal papers, and issued 19 international patents. He was the IEEE member on Magnetics. He designed vacuum sputter deposition equipment with innovative technologies for research and development and industry application of high-density magnetic recording media, and automotive industry. He has been involved 1-year T-up program for local industry and has 2.5-year industry experience in Seagate Technology International Singapore.
Equipment development of novel linear Hall ion source, filtered cathodic vacuum arc, column arc, high power impulse magnetron sputtering (HIPIMS), facing target sputtering, e-beam evaporation; Process development of anti-corrosion, anti-wear tribological coating, and atmosphere plasma.
BioNotes:BSc (Solid Physics and Materials), PhD (Condensed State Physics)
- Shi, J. Z.; Yang, Y.; Tan, H. K.; et al., Partial crystallization in amorphous magnetic film induced by Ru layer interface, PHYSICA STATUS SOLIDI-RAPID RESEARCH LETTERS Volume: 11 Issue: 2 Article Number: 1600341 Published: FEB 2017
- Shi, Jian Zhong; Tan, Hang Khume; Ong, Chun Lian; et al., Preparation and Characterization of Dedicated Servo Media, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS Volume: 52 Issue: 4 Article Number: 3200604 Published: APR 2016
- Yuan, Zhi-Min; Shi, Jianzhong; Ong, Chun Lian; et al., Dedicated Servo Recording System and Performance Evaluation, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS Volume: 51 Issue: 4 Article Number: 3100507 Part: 1 Published: APR 2015
- Hu, Jiang Feng; Shi, Jian Zhong; Zhou, Tie Jun; et al., HAMR Medium Structure Design and Its Process for Excellent Thermal Performance, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS Volume: 50 Issue: 3 Article Number: 3201106 Part: 1 Published: MAR 2014
- Shi, J. Z.; Lim, W. K.; Phyoe, W. L.; et al., Effects of Substrate Bias With Recording Layer on the Magnetic Properties and Microstructure of Perpendicular Magnetic Recording Media, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS Volume: 49 Issue: 6 Pages: 2682-2685 Part: 1 Published: JUN 2013