Introduction:Liu Yuchan was an engineer in China Guangzhou Electric Apparatus Research Institute for 8 years, responsible for development of instruments for characterization and reliability test for electric apparatus. Yuchan had also worked in Physics Department in The University of Hong Kong in the area of semiconductor materials and devices prior to joining SIMTech in 1995. After joining SIMTech, Yuchan has been focusing on materials characterization and precision measurements of dimensions, profile and surface finish in micrometer and nanometer level.
Research Interest:Precision measurements with metrological instruments including scanning probe microscopic, laser interferometric, ellipsometric, stylus profilometric, focus variation and coordinate measuring machine techniques. Materials characterization with nano-indention and micro-indentation techniques.
BioNotes:MEng, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2005
BSc, Physics Department, Zhongshan University, China, 1985
Publications:1. S. Zhu, T. P. Chen,Y. C. Liu, Y. Liu, and S. F. Yu, "Influence of SiO2 Layer on the Dielectric Function of Gold Nanoparticles on Si Substrate", Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 15 (1) K5-K9 (2012)
2. Y. C. Liu, C. Y. Ling, A. A. Malcolm and Z. G. Dong, "Accuracy of replication for non-destructive surface finish measurement", Singapore International NDT Conference & Exhibition, 3-4th November 2011, Singapore
3. S. Zhu, T.P. Chen, Z. Liu,Y. C. Liu,Y. Liu, and S. F. Yu,"Opticalproperties of gold nanoparticles on heavily-doped Si substrate synthesized with an electrochemical process", Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 158 (6) K152-K155 (2011).
4. Eunice S. M. Goh, T. P. Chen, C. Q. Sun andY. C. Liu, "Thickness effect on the band gap and optical properties of germanium thin Films", Journal of Applied Physics 107, 024305 (2010).
5. S. Nemeth andY. C. Liu, "Mechanical properties of hybrid sol-gel derived films as a function of composition and thermal treatment", Thin Solid Films 517, pp. 4888-4891, (2009).
6. Y. C. Liu, J. W. R. Teo, S. K. Tung, K. H. Lam, "High-temperature Creep and Hardness of Eutectic 80Au/20Sn Solder", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 448, pp. 340-343 (2008).
7.Y. C. Liuand X. C. Shan, "Study of mechanical response in embossing of ceramic green substrate by micro-indentation", Symposium on Design, Test, Integration and Packaging of MEMS/MOEMS, (DTIP'08), 09-Apr-2008 to 11-Apr-2008, France, vol. 1, pp. 320-325.
8. X. C. Shan,Y. C. Liuand Y. C. Lam, "Studies of Polymer Deformation and Recovery in Micro Hot Embossing", Journal of Microsystem Technologies, vol. 14(7), pp. 1055-1060 (2008).
9. Y. C. Liu, J. H. Hsieh, S. K. Tung, "Extraction of Optical Constants of ZnO Thin Films by Ellipsometry with Various Models", Thin Solid Film 510, pp. 32-38, (2006).
10. Y. C. Liu, S. K. Tung, J. H. Hsieh, " Influence of Annealing on Optical Properties and Surface Structure of ZnO Thin Films", Journal of Crystal Growth 287, pp. 105-111, (2006).
11. Y. C. Liu, S. K. Tung, F. L. Ng, W. M. C. Sim, D. W. Chen, "Effects of Stress Field and Diffusion on Nano-Hardness Measurements of Thin Gold Films", International Conference on Precision Engineering, 2 - 5 March 2004, Singapore, pp. 241 - 247.
12. Y. C. Liu, A. L. K. Tan, D. W. Chen, S. K. Tung, "Effects of Surface Finish and Depth of Indentation on the Nano-hardness Measurement of Thin Gold Films", 2nd Asia-Pacific Forum on Precision Surface Finishing & Deburring Technology, Korea, 22 - 24 July 2002.
Awards:(1) Best Support Employee (Research and Technical Support), 2004.
(2) The project "Advanced Nano-coatings Technology for Manufacturing & Aerospace Application" was selected as the 2nd Winner for the SIMTech Awards 2005. Yuchan was team member.
(3) The project "Upgrading of Precision Engineering Suppliers Serving the Semiconductor Industry" won MTI Awards 2009. Yuchan is team member.