Large Area Processing
To meet current and future requirements for cost-effectiveness, energy-efficient and environmental friendliness, there is a steady shift from using purely wafer-level silicon technology towards large area electronics manufacturing techniques. New processes are required to meet emerging applications including flexible display and e-paper.
- Low Temperature Additive & Direct-Write Patterning
- Spatially Selective Deposition of Multi-Layer Circuits & Devices
- Conformal & Stretchable Substrates
- Printed Supercapacitors & Batteries
- Large Area Metamaterials for Actuators & Sensors
Research RelevanceThe group will develop integrated imprinting and jetting/printing processes, multi-functional substrate platform and wireless interface for smart sensor applications. Investigations on imprinting and jetting/printing processes for high aspect ratio passives, selective area patterning of metallic, polymeric and dielectric materials, multi-level and multi-materials patterning, fabrication of functional/ flexible substrates, and realisation of smart sensor/system on rigid and flexible substrates will be focused.
Contact PersonShan Xuechuan(xcshan@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg)
ApproachThe group is working on direct-write and high-resolution manufacturing techniques to enhance the system performance whilst maintaining the rigorous cost-effectiveness requirements. Key processes including printing, imprinting and jetting are being developed towards the goal of realising large area and flexible electronics.
- Micro-Nano Patterning
- Screen Printing
- Imprinting & Embossing
- Multi-layer Substrate Fabrication
- Signal Integrity Design & Analysis
- Embedded Passives Integration