Advanced non-destructive inspection such as online optical imaging, high-resolution X-ray computed
tomography (XCT), ultrasonic testing array, lidar, and bioimaging have become essential inspection tools in many industries including electronics, life science, automotive, advanced materials, aerospace, and
MedTech to address the increasing demand for product quality, cost reduction and shortening the new product development time.
This masterclass is specifically designed based on A*STAR SIMTech and ARTC researchers’ deep
understanding of the trends and recent advancements of these imaging and image-processing technologies and our success stories of long-time collaboration with local industries to give participants the must-have insights, knowledge, and hands-on experience to various technologies and their typical applications so that they can choose the most suitable solutions when a particular inspection problem occurs in their workspace.
The 3-day course is carefully structured into 6 sessions.
Session 1 will give an overview of the various advanced imaging technologies, and then focus on optical imaging technologies and their applications.
Session 2 will talk about ultrasonic testing (UT), lidar, and bioimaging. Application-related issues with the technologies will be elaborated through case studies covering the use of UT for Y-shape and T-shape pipe defects inspection, lidar for container damage inspection etc.
- Session 3 will focus on high-resolution X-ray 2D/CT imaging and its powerful functions for the metrology of internal features, defects detection, porosity analysis, fiber tensors analysis, foam material analysis, etc.
Session 4 and Session 5 will cover both traditional image processing and AI-assisted feature classification and discuss their respective suitable application scenarios and limitations.
To enhance and deepen the understanding of participants, the final session will arrange discussion and sharing for workspace inspection problems, followed by lab hands-on training.
Why This MasterClass
- Learn about the latest advancements of inspection technologies such as automated vision system, high-resolution X-ray 2D/CT, phase array UT, lidar imaging, and bioimaging etc
- Choosing the right inspection technology for your specific application needs
- Choosing the right image-processing tools to your application
- Understand the advantages and limitations of AI for your application needs
- Operating principles of modern XCT and deep learning technologies
- Learning from case studies of applying advanced vision and X-ray CT for industrial applications
Who Should Attend
- CEOs and CTOs, technical leaders, engineering managers, engineering supervisors, product managers
- R&D engineers, QC and failure analysis engineers, application engineers, sales engineers, new hires from any manufacturing industry sectors