The Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) supports, oversees and coordinates public sector biomedical research and development activities in Singapore to cultivate a thriving biomedical cluster. At the BMRC, we:
- oversee the development of core research capabilities in bioprocessing, genomics and proteomics, molecular and cell biology, bioengineering and nanotechnology, and computational biology.
- actively promote translational medicine and cross-disciplinary research as part of our efforts to advance healthcare.
- support biomedical research in the wider scientific community such as public universities and hospitals.
- foster a strong talent pool in the biomedical sciences.
- promote public awareness of biomedical research through our outreach programmes.
We are able to craft unique value propositions for companies by enhancing the capabilities of the public R&D sector and encouraging flexible thematic partnership programmes that draw upon the multidisciplinary scientific capabilities in Singapore. This in turn serves to attract private R&D biomedical (BMS) investments into Singapore.