The Technology for Enterprise Capability Upgrading (T-Up) initiative aims to second A*STAR Research Scientists & Engineers (RSEs) to local enterprises to build/ upgrade their in-house R&D capabilities.
A*STAR organises the Technology for Enterprise Capability Upgrading (T-Up) Excellence Awards to recognise outstanding T-Up RSEs who have made impactful contributions to local enterprises and drive knowledge & innovation-based economy.
- The Award, held in conjunction with the annual SME Day event, is open to T-Up RSEs who have completed their secondment to local enterprises.
- Cash prizes will be given out to a maximum of three award winners each year by the attending Guest-of-Honour.
- Publicity efforts will be made to profile award winners and the companies that they were seconded to.
Nominations should be made based on the following criteria:
- Growth in technical, innovation and R&D activities
- Growth in product/service offering, generation of IP and commercialisation
- Growth in business
- Improvement in business efficiency
- Recognition by external parties
- The award is open to research staff from A*STAR RIs who have officially completed their secondment (by 31 Mar 2021) to local enterprises via the T-Up scheme.
- Current and previous employees of A*STAR RIs can be nominated.
- Past winners of any T-Up Excellence Awards are not eligible for the award.
- Additional supporting information on the outcome of the T-Up project (e.g. awards, patents’ filed, customer testimonial etc.) should be included to further support and substantiate the nomination.
NOMINATION FORM AND PROCESS
- Nominations are open from 03 May 2021 till 18 June 2021.
- Candidates for the award shall be nominated by companies. Click here to download the nomination form.
- Completed Nomination Forms should be sent by e-mail and be addressed to the Award Secretariat at A-STAR_Get-Up@hq.a-star.edu.sg.
- Alternatively, a hard copy of the form may be sent by regular mail to:
Award Secretariat, T-Up Excellence Awards 2021
c/o Agency for Science, Technology and Research
Enterprise Division, Local Enterprise Office (GET-Up)
1 Fusionopolis Way, #14-10, Connexis North
- The nomination form must reach the Award Secretariat no later than 18 June 2021
- The judging panel reserves the right to reject the application if the quality of the entries do not meet the standard requirement.
- It is mandatory for shortlisted secondees and their respective T-Up companies to present at the final round in August 2021.
- The winner(s) for the T-Up Excellence Award would be informed by the Award Secretariat in September 2021. Should the quality of all entries not meet the standard required, the judging panel reserves the right not to declare winners.
GUIDELINES FOR RESUBMISSION OF NOMINATION
- There are no limitations to the number of nomination resubmissions. (i.e. If company has submitted nominations in previous years, company can resubmit the nomination this year) However, projects that were awarded the T-Up Excellence Award in previous years are not eligible for nomination resubmission.
- Companies intending to put in a nomination resubmission are encouraged to include additional write-ups in any of the judging criteria categories to further support and substantiate their nomination.