2018 marks A*STAR I2R’s sixth year of collaboration with BAIDU. We started off with Baidu’s first overseas joint laboratory- BIRC in March 2012 and have since achieved significant progress in cutting edge research on speech processing, natural language processing and robotics.
- The world's first Voice Biometrics smart phone, Lenovo A586 was launched in Nov 2012, using I2R Voice Print Technology
- Music Search technology, “听歌识曲” - Ting Ge Shi Qu, which literally translates to “hear a tune and know the song" was released through Baidu Music App in 2013.
- Baidu's Online Machine Translation released Thai and English translation services in 2013 using BIRC’s language resources. Thai word segmentation and named entity recognition were released through Baidu NLP cloud in 2016.
- Entity Linking technology to automatically link related entities such as companies and people in the web pages to Baidu's Knowledge Bases has been used for various search applications since 2014.
- Far-field Speech Recognition technology was embedded in DuRobot in 2016.
- Sentiment analysis and entity relation extraction technologies have been used in various Baidu platforms such as Duer (AI platform), mobile search and Nuomi (O2O app) in 2016. Sentiment Analysis technology has also been used in 2 operators on Sentiment Classification and Comment Opinion Extraction which were published at Baidu AI Open Platform in 2017.
In 2018, we are looking at more innovations in the above areas to enhance the experiences of Baidu’s platform for its users.