Our research group focuses on the development of capabilities related to Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) and their applications in understanding the physical/chemical properties of materials at micro/nano/atomic scale. We also provide comprehensive TEM analysis for studying materials at high temperature and under cryo conditions.
- Comprehensive TEM analysis: demonstrating the shape, morphology, interface, crystal structures, compositions, defects, etc.
- 3-Dimension (3D) TEM: TEM and STEM tomography illustrate 3D nanostructures while 3D diffraction demonstrates the crystal structures.
- Electron holography: showing the amplitude and phase distributions of the materials.
- Monochromated Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy (EELS): high resolution EELS study of materials.
- Lorentz TEM: providing information on magnetic domains and domain walls.
- Precession Nano Beam Diffraction and Phase/Crystallographic Orientation Mapping: giving quantitatively structural determination and information; complementary to Electron Backscattered Diffraction (EBSD), phase and orientation mapping showing the structures down to nm scale.