The A*STAR Computational Resource Centre (A*CRC) is soliciting proposals from ASEAN member states (AMS) for trial access to Supercomputer Fugaku for the ASEAN HPC region, as part of an agreement between A*STAR Computational Resource Centre (A*CRC) and RIKEN Center for Computational Science (R-CCS).
Supercomputer Fugaku is a 442 PFlop/s Arm-based parallel supercomputing resource at R-CCS, is currently the #2 Top500 system and is available as part of the High Performance Computing Infrastructure (HPCI) in Japan.
This call for proposals is to give AMS users a chance to test their applications on the Fugaku system and to gain knowledge in its use to evaluate it as a potential shared resource for future ASEAN HPC activities.
Application Period: 4-Oct-2023 – 31-Dec-2023
Proposal review: Jan-2024
Final results notification: By 31-Jan-2024
Trial access to Fugaku: Feb-2024 – Jul-2024
Each proposal application is required to provide the following information:
• A representative named for the proposal. This person must be a resident within an ASEAN country.
• A brief plan on the use of the Fugaku supercomputer, including statements and reasons for the purposes of the trial access.
• State what current or previous HPC resources you have used before for your HPC applications.
• An estimate of the number of core-hours your project intends to use. Note that the total amount of resources for this Fugaku trial will be limited to 8,000,000 core-hours in total, divided amongst all the proposals.
• An estimate of storage requirements for your proposal.
• The list of software required to use for the proposal.
AMS users selected for this call will be required to submit a user report to A*CRC within 60 days after the Fugaku Trial has ended.
Please submit your proposal using the application form to A*CRC here.
A brochure for this Call of Applications is available here.
For enquiries, feel free to contact us here.