Responsible Care and Use of Laboratory Animals Course
Certification course to use lab animals in Singapore
NACLAR Compliant. RCULAC training is a prerequisite for all staff who wish to use animals at A*STAR Research Entities and Biopolis for Scientific Purposes.
For A*STAR Staff: Register Here
For Non- A*STAR Staff: Register Here
Course with a quiz at the end of each chapter. Each quiz must be passed to proceed to the next chapter.
- •A*STAR Participants: On-demand online course available.
- •External Participants: Scheduled computer based course in Biopolis
Practical Entry Requirements
- Personnel must NOT have any rodents (e.g. mice, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs), rabbits, chinchillas or swine as pets. In addition, personnel must NOT have contacted other rodents, rabbits, chinchillas and swine for at least 2 full days prior to entering BRC.
- Personnel must NOT have been in an animal facility (other than those under BRC's AVA license) using rodents, rabbits, chinchillas and swine for at least 2 full days prior to entering BRC. For personnel taking the hands-on sessions at D3, at least 2 full days quarantine is required from D2 and all other BRC AVA licensed sites.
- Personnel must NOT have engaged in any leisure pursuit involving zoo or farm animals, or have contacted earth, refuse or any animal waste products for at least 2 full days prior to entering BRC.
Ad-Hoc Training Session
If you have certain animal procedure that you will like to carry out but do not have the necessary experience and expertise, we are here to help!
We conduct customized, tailor-made, hands on, fee for service training sessions on various animal procedures. We have conducted training sessions on procedures ranging from surgery, necropsy to various substance administrative animal procedures.
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org