1. How do I book the irradiation machine?
Answer: You can book it through our website
2. What are the types of machine you use?
Answer: We have an X-ray machine in D3 and Gamma Irradiator in D2.
3. What the samples or animals you irradiate?
Answer: Mice, pups, cells and pupa.
4. If I only want to irradiate certain areas of the animal, is it possible?
Answer: Yes but you need to provide us with your own shield that has been fumigated or autoclaved. Please also inform us how you want us to use it. Take note that the animal has to be sedated and you will bear the charges for the drug sedation. There will be no charges if you request the drug and sedate the animal on your own.
5. Will my animals survive?
Answer: In most cases they do but there are rare occasions when the animals die but not immediately though.
6. If my mice are housed in D3 but I would like to have my mice gamma irradiated, how do I do so?
Answer: Please inform the technician in charge of your room. Our technician will transport and return your mice to its original location. As the gamma irradiator is not within the D2 facility, the health status of the mice is not compromised.
7. If my mice are in D2, but I would like to have them irradiated using the X-ray irradiator, how do I do so?
Answer: We will not be able to use the X-ray irradiator for mice from D2. This is because the X-ray irradiator is located within D3 and mice of a different health status are not allowed to be brought into D3.
8. How do I pass samples to be irradiated and how do I pick them up?
Answer: Our staff will meet you at a designated location to collect and pass back the samples. Please contact us to find out more.
9. How long should I book the machine?
Answer: It would depend on the dosage. Estimated dosage would be ~1Gy per minute. For more exact specification, please contact us.