IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Awards 2019
29 Aug 2019
The Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES) announced the six winning projects of the IES Prestigious Engineering Achievement Awards 2019, recognising the outstanding contributions of local engineers to advancing engineering and enhancing quality of
life of Singaporeans.
Dr Amy Khor, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources and Ministry of Health, presented the awards to the winning teams at the World Engineers Summit (WES) 2019 Conference Dinner today as the event guest-of-honour. More
than 800 engineers, industry professionals, business leaders, academia and policy makers from 12 countries were in attendance.
The 2019 winning teams are:
- Development of floating platform for use in reservoir and coastal marine conditions by Housing & Development Board
- Next generation of hybrid air conditioners for tropics – cooling with heat by Ecoline Solar Pte Ltd
- Demonstration plant for Tuas WRP at Ulu Pandan by Black & Veatch and AECOM
- Implementation of Pneumatic Waste Conveyance System (PWCS) at Yuhua by Housing & Development Board
Applied Research and Development
- EWaT – Electrochemical treatment targeted at “hard-to-treat” industrial wastewater by National University of Singapore
- Integrated multi-physics approach for urban microclimate modelling by Housing & Development Board; Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR and Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR