ASEAN-US Science Prize for Women 2021- Top 4 Regional Finalists
13 Aug 2021
Our heartiest congratulations to Dr Hongying Li from A*STAR’s Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC) who is one of the Top 4 regional finalists at the ASEAN-US Science Prize for Women 2021: You have displayed extraordinary contributions
and set a role model for other women working in and pursuing careers in Science, Tech, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields.
In the video, Dr. Li shares how the computational fluid dynamics framework tackles marine traffic contamination and airflow modelling to reopen Singapore's economy and social activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
"I believe that research and technologies have no geographical boundaries.", says Dr. Li.
[May 2021] Together with 8 other national finalists, Dr Li was shortlisted as the Singapore representative competing for the Underwriters Laboratories Mid-Career category.
National finalists in the Mid-Career category (45 years old and younger) are:
- Dr. Wida Susanty Haji Suhaili of Brunei Darussalam
- Dr. HEU Rina of Cambodia, Dr. Intan Suci Nurhati of Indonesia
- Dr. Aduwati Sali of Malaysia
- Dr. Chit Wityi Oo of Myanmar
- Dr. Mylene Gonzaga Cayetano of the Philippines
- Dr. Hongying Li of Singapore
- Dr. Sumana Ratpukdi of Thailand
- Dr. Thi Dong Quy Hoang of Vietnam
Read more about Science Prize for Women.