Upgrading Technology Capabilities through Master Classes
15 Jan 2020
13 Master Classes were conducted and more than 200 Professionals, Managers, Engineers and Technicians (PMETs) have been trained in 2019
SIMTech Knowledge Transfer Office (KTO) invites international domain experts to share their expertise in a short 2 to 3 full-day Master Classes for manufacturing specialists, engineers, managers as well as other industry professionals and executives. The Master Classes, in close collaboration with funding agencies such as SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG), draw extensively on the international experts’ cutting-edge knowledge and industry experience.
To date, more than 30 Master Classes on various topics of manufacturing are conducted. Listed below are some categories of Master Classes currently offer to the local industry, and the dates are announced periodically.
These Master Classes are in demand by industry. An example of such Master Class is the Master Class in Strategic Planning for Operational Excellence. More than 190 PMETs from 130 companies have benefited since its launch in 2016.
- Emerging Manufacturing Technologies
- Strategic Planning for Operational Excellence
- Design Optimisation for Additive Manufacturing
- Inventory Management in Industry 4.0 Working Environment
- Predictive Manufacturing & Services
- Advanced Precision Manufacturing Processes
- Designing and Implementing Automated Health Management and Life/Risk
- Management Systems
- IIoT-Driven Equipment Maintenance for Industry 4.0
- Design Optimisation for 3D Additive Manufacturing
- Smart Energy Management for Factories of the Future
"The coverage is comprehensive and important to our needs. We will apply relevant concepts to projects, share ideas with colleagues"
Technical Manager, ST Engineering Aerospace
"The Master Class is very informative with step by step insights in key concepts of forecasting and planning"
Project and Supply Chain Manager, Wangi Industrial Co
"The Master Class helps to increase communication between different departments and structures the way of fulfilling demand systematically"
Director, Hodaka Motowold
For more information, please contact:
Dr Goh Kiah Mok at kmgoh@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
For course details and registration, please visit