Digital Innovation for the New Normal at the Manufacturing Productivity Technology Centre Conference 2022
14 Apr 2022
About the Manufacturing Productivity Technology Centre Conference 2022
A*STAR’s Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech) organised the Manufacturing Productivity Technology Centre (MPTC) Conference 2022 on 14 April. This being the 10th edition, the conference’s theme is “Digital Innovation for the New Normal” and features keynote speakers from the industry to share best practices and technologies adopted in their Industry 4.0 transformation journeys.
The 10th MPTC Conference took place immediately following the 12th Conference on Learning Factories event (11–13 April), an international conference involving top academics and researchers in the field of learning factories who convened in Singapore to engage in important discussions about R&D topics such as machine learning and AI in learning factories, sustainability and circular economy in learning factories, and more.
About SIMTech’s Manufacturing Productivity Technology Centre
SIMTech’s MPTC was launched in October 2011. MPTC endeavours to spur industries towards using manufacturing technologies for productivity, growth and long-term sustainability. The Centre promotes the use of technology to enhance manufacturing productivity by improving efficiency and effectiveness, and create increased value with innovation towards high-value products and services. MPTC actively engages local companies to harness A*STAR’s technologies, tools, and capabilities in automation, processes, and systems to gain “step-change” improvements in productivity.
Industry Collaboration on Smart Engineering System @ Model Factory (SES@MF)
During the MPTC Conference 2022, a letter of intent was signed between SIMTech and 10 companies to collaborate on the Smart Engineering System @ Model Factory (SES@MF) to enhance vital digital transformation of the manufacturing industry to be economically resilient. The collaboration is organised in the form of an industry-wide partnership with SES@MF partners including, but not limited to, commercial solutions providers, institutes of higher learning, end-user companies from the Singapore industry, and other A*STAR research entities.
Areas of collaboration may include:
- Developing impactful master classes and specialised training course modules with novel integration of proven commercial solutions with SIMTech’s digital innovation.
- Designing and innovating smart and sustainable solutions for prototyping, first article inspection and pilot production with integrated, cross-disciplinary technologies.
- Bridging technology and capability gaps through strategic research collaboration among the SES@MF partners to enhance resilience of local companies and their value chain.
Participating Companies in the Smart Engineering System @ Model Factory
- A*STAR’s Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)
- Blum-Novotest GmbH
- EMUGE-FRANKEN Singapore Pte Ltd
- Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
- Hurco (S.E. Asia) Pte Ltd
- Makino Asia Pte Ltd
- MMC Hardmetal (Thailand) Co Ltd
- OPEN MIND Technologies Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- SICK Pte Ltd
- SMT Technology Pte Ltd
- Walter AG Singapore Pte Ltd
MPTC Productivity Partners Recognition Awards
During the MPTC Conference 2022, awards were presented to recognise companies for successfully adopting technologies or innovations through SIMTech’s MPTC and continuing with their transformation journeys.
Significant impact of SIMTech digital technology and innovation adoption on the company’s productivity (top line / bottom line).
Companies’ continuous transformation journeys – to recognise their transformation journey with SIMTech and other industry partners to achieve continuous improvement.
- Akribis Systems Pte Ltd
- Baxter Healthcare SA, Singapore Branch
- CBM Pte Ltd
- Seiko Wall Pte Ltd
- HP Singapore (Private) Ltd
- I-PEX Singapore Pte Ltd
- JM Vis-Tec System Pte Ltd
- KrisShop Pte Ltd
- Perfex International Pte Ltd
- PerkinElmer Singapore Ltd
- Shimano Singapore Pte Ltd
- Shing Leck Engineering Service Pte Ltd
- Swiss Precision Industries Pte Ltd
- Wah Son Engineering Pte Ltd
MPTC Technology Partners Awards
During the MPTC Conference 2022, awards were presented to recognise systems integrators who have worked alongside SIMTech over the years in licensing and deploying SIMTech’s digital technologies to industry.
- Number of technologies licensed from SIMTech.
- Number of companies that adopted the licensed technologies.
- Future engagement plan with SIMTech – include potential future licensing and deep collaboration with SIMTech (e.g. Joint Labs).
- ASTrio Pte Ltd
- A-Tech Training & Consultancy Pte Ltd
- Enhanzcom Pte Ltd
- SATO Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Tunity Technologies Pte Ltd
– END –
For media queries and clarifications, please contact: Mr Robin Chan
Head, Corporate Communications
Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
Tel: +65 9830 2610
About the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore's lead public sector R&D agency. Through open innovation, we collaborate with our partners in both the public and private sectors to benefit the economy and society. As a Science and Technology Organisation, A*STAR bridges the gap between academia and industry. Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore, and enhances lives by improving societal outcomes in healthcare, urban living, and sustainability. A*STAR plays a key role in nurturing scientific talent and leaders for the wider research community and industry. A*STAR’s R&D activities span biomedical sciences to physical sciences and engineering, with research entities primarily located in Biopolis and Fusionopolis. For ongoing news, visit www.a-star.edu.sg.
The Straits Times Online
SIMTech collaborates with 10 local firms to enhance digital transformation in manufacturing industry
Lianhe Zaobao Online