What You Will Learn
This course allows participants to learn about the powder-bed metal additive manufacturing technologies to fabricate complex functional metallic components. Participants gain understanding of the entire process flow (pre- and post-processing) that is critical for additive manufactured components. With the guidance of experts in additive manufacturing, participants also get hands-on experience on binder jet printing, selective laser melting, electron beam melting, and learn to conduct quality assessment of additive manufactured parts.
Contents covered in this module include:
- Overview of powder-bed additive manufacturing (AM) of metals and their applications
- Metal powder production methods and characterisation
- Process and hardware for BJP, SLM and EBM
- Practical lab sessions on three powder-bed metal AM technologies (BJP, SLM and EBM)
- Quality assessment of AM parts
- Project work on metal powder-bed AM technologies
Please register for this course under 1. Graduate Diplomas in Precision Engineering > 2. Additive Manufacturing in the online registration form.