Innovating Biomanufacturing of the Future
The Biomanufacturing Devices group innovates solutions for continuous biomanufacturing and the data-driven future. We leverage on microfluidic, sensor and automation technologies to achieve a smaller footprint by eliminating holding steps or GMP space requirements, as well as to enable enclosed sampling, real-time analysis and adaptive control. We can accelerate the process development feedback loop between biological characterisation and product or bioprocess designs, enabling future ready, high throughput bioprocessing research. Our team hopes to develop a microfluidic toolbox with a multitude of microfluidic tools, that can provide industrial level functionality at the laboratory scale. We also hope to deliver a wide-ranging impact in biologics, cell/gene therapy manufacturing as well as medtech/healthtech research.
- Clog-free Perfusion Filter Systems to reduce cost of goods (CoGs) for cell culture-based products and cell manufacturing
- Microfluidic innovations which accelerate upstream process development in continuous biomanufacturing
- Flexible, feedback-controlled microfluidics-enabled automation for in-line or at-line process analytical technologies and predictive analytics towards Industry 4.0
- Future-ready data solutions for biomanufacturing
- Microfluidic toolbox and customised solutions for speeding up feedback loop between biological characterisation and product or bioprocess design
A*STAR celebrates International Women's Day
From groundbreaking discoveries to cutting-edge research, our researchers are empowering the next generation of female science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) leaders.
Get inspired by our #WomeninSTEM