This course module aims to provide students with knowledge and practical skills on using advanced coating technologies for corrosion and wear prevention. The module covers electrochemical, sol-gel, and plasma-based coating processes together with their applications in corrosion and wear prevention.
The module is structured to enhance the knowledge of participants with lectures and lab demonstrations conducted in the well-equipped process and testing laboratories at SIMTech, followed by facilitated discussions for participants to identify and choose pertinent wear and/or corrosion-related problems encountered in their work. During the practice (hands-on) sessions, participants get to work on a specific relevant project of their choice under the coaching of topic experts to apply the knowledge and skills learnt in this module to address practical problems in their workplace.
Why This Course
- Designed to specially cater to Singapore’s industry demand
- Delivered by technology experts with many years of industrial projects’ experience
- Highly practical and hands-on work intensive
- Latest knowledge and up-to-date technologies via industrial case-studies
- Project-based practice sessions emphasizing on problem-solving skills
who should attend
- Mangers, engineers, technicians working on coating development/application and product distribution/marketing as well as equipment/facility maintenance
- Managers, engineers and technicians of Singapore authorities who are tackling corrosion and wear
- Production/process directors and managers in decision-making roles for maintenance and upgrading of infrastructure and equipment