This course focuses on the following pain points faced by manufacturing companies:
- Manpower issues such as labour shortages and upskilling of workers for value-added jobs in manufacturing
- Frequent congestion of work-in-progress parts under a
space-constrained (small or/and multi-level/location) production space
- Inefficient utilisation of production resources such as machines and transporters in a high product mix manufacturing environment
It addresses the pain points by (i) streamlining the production flow prior to factory automation and (ii) better planning and management of existing production systems using relevant decision analysis methods.
About the Programme
The course adopts SIMTech’s Learn-Practise-Implement™ (LPI™) pedagogy with emphasis on industry case studies and a project work targeting the pain points in the learners’ company. Throughout the
10 half-day sessions, the trainers will cover topics in:
- Fundamentals of Factory Performance – Evaluate factory performance and productivity improvement initiatives
- Supplier and Order Fulfilment – Quantify and manage external uncertainties
- Layout Planning – Assess and plan layout for different manufacturing environment
- Capacity Management – Plan capacity at strategic, tactical, and operational levels
- Operations Simulation – Understand and identify relevant COTS simulation software
Who Should Attend
The course is specially designed for aspiring or existing industrial engineers, production planners and factory managers with a keen interest or basic knowledge in supplier management, production layout and resource capacity planning.