Please submit your application and the following documents by 30 September 2021, 2359H:
It is mandatory to fill in all the fields.
- Online application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Written essay
We request for the following short essay, in order to learn more about the person behind the application. We encourage you to share your passion, values and vision for your career with us. Please note that answers have a maximum word limit of 600 words. (Arial font, minimum size 12, Single Space).
Topic: Why is innovation an important part of your career pathway? How will the Innovation Fellowship help you achieve your short and long-term goals?
Applicants shortlisted into Round 2 will be notified via email. Please prepare the following documents and have it ready for submission via email.
- Video Essay*
- Referee Details
- Zoom Interview
Please submit a video essay (up to 2 min) including a brief introduction of yourself, and describing at least one experience that demonstrates your creativity and/or inventiveness.
Note: Do not disclose any proprietary invention you have developed if it has yet to obtain any intellectual property protection.
*Video Submission Requirement:
- Please submit a 2-3 minutes video essay (videos longer than 2 minutes will not be accepted)
- Feel free to demonstrate your creativity and/or inventiveness in the video.
- Capture the video using your digital/video camera, smart phone or laptop and save it on your computer.
- Upload the video on dropbox or googledrive, Title your video: SB Fellowship 2021 Video – [Full name].
- Input the Dropbox or Google Drive download link of your Video Essay into the application form field.
Please provide two referee letters to support your application.
The referee letters should provide a description of the candidate's potential, academic and professional skills, contributions to research and innovation, character and attributes to be considered as an Innovation Fellow.
Download the letter template here
For Healthcare Professionals*, please note that among the referee letters, one of them must be from your direct supervisor or Head of Department.
*Healthcare Professionals refers to all Clinicians, Allied Health Professionals and Nurses.
Referee letters should be emailed directly by the authoring referees by 1 November 2021 (2359 Hrs) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject header “SB Fellowship 2021 – Referee letter for [Applicant Name]”.
Please note that we will not accept referee letters emailed by applicants themselves. It is your responsibility to ensure that all application materials, including the referee letters, are duly submitted by the deadline.
All applicants will have to go through a 0.5-day virtual Zoom interview with an interview panel consisting of local ecosystem stakeholders and Singapore Biodesign Faculty.
The tentative dates are as follows (subject to change):
- Pre-Interview Brief: Friday, 26 November 2020, 1800H - 1900H
- Interview: Monday, 29 November 2021, 1400H - 1800H OR Tuesday, 30 November, 2021, 0830H - 1230H
Applicants are encouraged to soft book/apply leave on these 2 dates.